One of our most common questions is about lipstain application. First time application is usually a little tricky but most people get the hang of it after a couple of tries. To help you with your application (whether it's your first time or your 100th), here is a compilation of our customers' advice on how to get the application process down.
1. Start with smooth, unchapped lips. Chapped lips can cause the stain to stick to your lips more but makes the peel off process painful as you have a hard time determining if you are peeling off the lipstains or the chapped area of your lips. We recommend exfoliating your lips a couple times a week and using a lip moisturizer like chapstick or vaseline to help keep your lips in good condition. One customer even provided us with a home recipe for a scrub that also helps moisturize your lips: 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp coconut or olive oil, which you mix together and rub on your lips before you wash it off. Another customer recommended using a soft bristled toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips.
2. Use a lip brush. Using a lip brush can help you get the application process down a little faster by making it easier to stay within the lines of your lip. Still having trouble staying within your lip lines? Try lining your lips with a lip liner pencil first to make it easier to see and follow your lip lines.
3. Dry faster! Try using a hair dryer (on the cool setting!!) to air out your lips and your lip crease for a faster, cleaner drying time.
4. Keeping the stain off your teeth. Some people have a hard time keeping the stain off their teeth and while it won't permanently stain your teeth, it is annoying to have to try to clean that up after you've applied your lipstain. So if you are still having trouble keeping the stain off your teeth even after the other tips, one customer recommended putting vaseline on your teeth before you apply the lipstain to your lips.
5. Want darker color? Apply the lipstain thickly the first time and let it dry fully before peeling it off. Still not dark enough? Try a longer drying time, applying a thicker coat of stain or even applying multiple coats. The stain sticks better to lips that have been well taken care off so that means exfoliating to get any extra wax off your lips from other products and moisturizing to make sure your lips aren't chapped. The drying time is important for the color to get set properly so wait the recommended 10 minutes or until dry and don't try to blot or peel off early if you want that dark color.
6. Trouble with the stain staying on all day? There can be a variety of issues going on that keep the stain from lasting. Some people bite or lick their lips a lot without even realizing it and this can shorten the amount of time the stain stays on. Others have reported eating an oily soup or meal and having the color come off.
7. Add a moisturizing top coat. Any gloss or chapstick should work on top of our lipstain. It's a personal preference depending on the look you are going for as to whether you should choose a gloss or a chapstick. However, you may need to reapply that top coat throughout the day or night since it won't stay on all day!
8. Want to change colors or ready to remove your makeup for the evening? Just use any oil based makeup remover.
Basic Application Process
Gently use a scrub or soft toothbrush to rub off the top layer of build up on your lips.
Apply Lipstain Thickly
Use a lip brush to paint the stain on evenly and cleanly.
Dry and Peel
Wait 10 minutes or until lips are dry to peel off the lipstain.
Add a layer of gloss or chapstick on top to keep your lips feeling silky smooth.
Don't Take Our Word For it! Here's What Our Customers Think:
I just got mine tonight... I am truly amazed! Was worried my application was messy, but when I peeled it off it looked spot on! I put some Vaseline over the top for shine purposes, but you could definitely wear without anything. So impressed! Thanks for this amazing product!
I have been super excited to try this! The color is Rose Pink. I exfoliated my lips first, then applied thick and even layer with a brush, waited for a little bit, peeled it off and I love the end result! 👄💄💋
One of the best products I have ever purchased! A must have👍
Free Shipping When You Spend $35 toChange this XX to Qualify For Free ShippingYou Have Achieved Free ShippingShips from the US! Spend $35 to Qualify for Free ShippingYou Have Achieved Free ShippingFree Shipping For Over $x toFree Shipping Over $35 toYou Have Achieved Free ShippingChange this XX to Qualify For Free ShippingYou Have Achieved Free Shipping